Where Was I?
These last few weeks have been keeping me very busy. This is not altogether a bad thing. I’ve watched enough Thomas the Tank Engine to appreciate the value of proving oneself a “really useful engine.”
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Continuing to shepherd the weekly TV series Mid-American Gardener.*
- Project managing a set of local segments to accompany the upcoming PBS Arts Festival.
- Producing a one-shot studio show about the problem of hunger in Central Illinois.
- Auditioning potential voice-over talent.
- Serving on the search committee for WILL’s station manager.
- Filling in as host on WILL-AM’s morning talk show.
- Working the TV pledge drive.
- Introducing guitarist Tommy Emmanuel at this week’s concert in Champaign.
- Crafting a Power Point presentation for the local Exchange Club.
All that, plus all of the usual work stuff…and trying to run a twice-monthly Dungeons & Dragons game.
Did I mention that I’ll be one of two WILL staffers leading approximately 30 donors on a 10-day tour across England? Yep, that too. Less than two weeks from now.
I am a little stressed.
I hope to get back to more regular blogging, but no promises.
*If you have ever seen my yard, you understand the irony of me producing a gardening program.